Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Instant Results & Black Bean-lette Tacos

I was so excited to see instant results over the last two days! First thing we noticed was after breakfast, we normally eat the recipe below with eggs instead of beans, and cheese on top-those are thee only difference in recipe-and feel weighed down after ward and my tummy feels yucky. Yucky in a way that has always been "normal" to me. We had more energy, I wasn't almost in tears wanting a nap, or falling asleep on the couch while feeding Addalene. My favorite change? Flatter belly!!! Instantly! I am used to my belly swelling up through the day and by the end of the day I look like I am expecting, that did not happen! When we woke up this morning-easier than we have in a long time-my belly already appeared smaller! Good bye belly, I wont miss you!

Black Bean-lette Tacos
Makes: alot, or about 9 tacos...maybe more

2 medium red potatoes chopped in 1/2 inch cubes
cooking oil (about 2 Tbl)
1 small yellow onion-chopped
1/3 cup corn -I use frozen
1 medium tomato chopped
1 can black beans -drained and rinsed or 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans
cilantro (optional)
cumin and salt to taste
corn tortillas (lard free)

In a saute pan put just enough oil to fry potatoes.* Begin browning potatoes and once they begin to brown toss in chopped onion. Stir frequently. After about 3 minutes add corn, once it thaws add chopped tomatoes. Once potatoes are thoroughly cooked add beans and cumin (about 1 tsp) and continue cooking and stirring until the beans are heated through. Heat up tortillas (for corn tortillas, wet them before putting them on a hot pan and then they wont fall apart as you eat them). Scoop in the filling and enjoy!

*If you prep ahead you can bake the potatoes with less oil.

Update* I forgot to mention that everyones sinuses have "suddenly" cleared up. Elijah, who almost constantly has a runny nose, has not had one in the last 24 hours! Bobby and I have noticed a difference as well, Chloe says she hasn't noticed a diference, but I cannot vouch for what she is eating at school.(she will be taking meals starting tomorrow-but she does have free will)

No comments:

Post a Comment